Wednesday, August 24, 2005

So Here We Are

I would first like to thank evryone who wrote messages of encouragement on that last post. It's nice to hear good things said about Lynnette and I after hearing such negative things. To tell you the truth we really don't feel that bad. I mean yeah our confidence is shaken and I question whether I should be working with young people at all, but there's another confidence, I guess you can call it faith, that God IS is controll, and that God uses bad things for good reasons.

As for an update on us. We are living in Midland, MI with Lynnette's parents. We will most likely be here a while. The plan is (everybody always wants to know our "plan", well this is the closest thing we have):

Lynnette got a job at Ruby Tuesday's today. So she is going to work there. I am going to continue my Masters of Arts in Ministry with and Emphasis in Youth (I know it's long, but that's what they call it) from Indiana Weslyan University. I will also continue the application process for my "Green Card" (Work Authorization) so that I can get a job her in the good ol' U.S. of A. I will contact some District Superintendents to see if any postions are available. You see I would like to continue working with Jr. High students as a Jr. High Pastor, the problem is there are very few churches looking for that. Now if I wanted be a Worship/Youth/Janitor I think there are about 3 million Wesleyan churches looking for that. The other thing is that I don't want ministry to be a job. I worked at College Church for 4 years without ever getting paid before I was hired on. I did it because God led me there to do it. I feel God had led us to Traverse City, but since that hasn't happen I need to wait for God to lead us elsewhere. But we do need to make money to live, I will not take a position at a church just to make money, that is why I need my Green Card so that I can work wherever. If I'm just going to work for money I might as well work somewhere I actually want to be and find a ministry to volunteer in. Make sense.

Well that is the "plan". Sorry it's not better or more elaborate, but that's what we're donig for now. Please pray that God opens doors, or windows, or busts holes in walls or something like that. You all rock.

2 comments:

david and laura said...

mason,
life to the full often involves glitches, snags, and bumps...its how we handle those hardships together that determine how well and how full we live...the zigs have seen the fruit of your labor in Christ and are excited to see where the new wind will blow your sails...enjoy the time you have now, even in the midst of uncertainty
strength and honor

Josh and Cammie Delph said...

Dave,
Cammie Delph - Josh Delph's wife. I don't even know if you know who we are (IWU), but we have lots of mutual friends. It makes me ill to hear about a church that is so full of itself. We have been through similar situations (until about six months ago, actually) and ended up taking a year and a half off of full time ministry. It sucked. We didn't know what to do or what God's direction was. Believe me when I say we'll be praying for you and Lynette. God will use this, and you will be blessed for your faithfulness. We know how frustrating it can be. We know how you want to throw your hands in the air and scream, all the people you want to tell off, and all the "what if's" you might have going through your head. God will use this as a growing and healing time for you. Something great will come out of this, I'm sure. By the way, we use to live in Bellaire (near TC) so we know the history of this church. I'm sorry you had to endure the "firing squad" they put you through. We are praying for you.