Monday, January 4, 2010

Waiting on Baby


Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Haven't felt like I had anything Blog-Worthy to say. In 2010 I just plan to write stuff up here and see how it goes.

If you're checking this blog you probably already know that my wife and I are expecting our first child. The official due date is January 6. When, however, the baby will actually come is anyones guess. I find it amazing that the doctors even give a due date. The due date really doesn't mean anything. It's just a guess. Kinda like weather forecasting. At least with forecasting they give a percentage (40% chance or rain etc.). The forecasters do this to say "Hey we have no clue what's going to happen, it should rain, but it might not". Due dates should be like this. The doctors should just say "Early January" or "Middle of March" . This would be much easier on the parents. Knowing that our child could come any day now, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe on the due date. I wonder how many kids are actually born on their due date? I doubt the number is very high.

Anyways, I now sit and wait. Wait on the baby to come. We have the room ready, the car seat installed and enough clothes to outfit a baby army.

I hate waiting.

No comments: