Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Newlywed Game:Green Card Edition

So I'm going in next Monday for an interview with a Homeland Security Officer to determine whether or not I will recieve my Work Authorization Permit (aka a "green card" since the card you recieved used to be green). I was thinking about this process and what kinds of questions they may ask Lynnette and I. You see the questions are for a few reasons, to see if our marriage is legitimate, if we will be able to support ourselves, and to see if I'm a threat to National Security. These are all good things to know of course. I just thought it would be funny if they did the questioning like a game show. You could have 3 couples come in: Lynnette and Me, some dude that ordered a Russian Bride off the internet, and a Mexican couple. It would be great. We could write down our answers on a piece of paper and if they matched our spouses we got point. And the winning couple would get the Green Card. You wouldn't even have to ask the regular INS questions like "Are you a member of Al Queda?" instead you could ask Newlywed Game questions like "If your spouse was an appliance, what appliance would they be?". Y'know how on the show the couples would get mad at each other when they got a question wrong and the woman would end up hitting her husband with the answer card. Image how mad the couples would get when if you loose you immediately get sent out of the country. When a couple gets disqualified a Homeland Security Officer would come in with a machine gun and drag the spouse that isn't American away. It would be awesome (well maybe it wouldn't, but I know people would watch).

Anyways, maybe it's best that I'm not in charge of Homeland Security. I'm excited to take the interview. I'm a little nervous, but I've heard it's not that bad. Anyways, I'll let you know Tuesday how it goes.

3 comments:

Ryan Schmitz said...

Dave,

I dare you to give them a resume and pretend that you thought it was actually a job interview. If they ask why you thought Lynnette needed to come, say "I thought that it was just one of those new interactive interviews.

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Yeah If I had the guts that would be hilarious... I'll be so scared when I get in there. I'm generally scared of anyone with the power to deport me. I'm such a pansey.

Fastlane said...

Hi! I did a google-search on newlywed green cards, and came upon your blog; (I'm Lane, the dude with the internet Russian bride, LOL). Anastasia's fiancee visa was just approved today. Yay!!)
So, now, I'm needing to learn what I can about getting a new spouse a green card, soc. sec. number, etc., etc.
Best of luck to you, and God Bless.
Lane in Las Vegas