Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Welcome to America!

Our interview was yesterday and now I join John Lennon (and many other non-Beatles) in becoming a Permanent Resident of the U.S. of America. Lynnette and I were in Detroit yesterday afternoon for our interview for Immigration. We passed. Yipee!! Anyways, now I am officially a Permanent Resident. This means I can work anywhere I want, and stay here as long as I want (I have to reapply every 10 years or so for a new card, but other than that I'm good to go). Not being able to vote is about the only difference between permanent residence and Citizenship. The interview was rather uneventful. He believed we were really married right away and barely asked any questions. The question that did get my attention, though, was "Have you ever tortured anyone?" I guess they have to ask, but it was a little weird. Well, that's about it. I would like to thank the acadamy, and my agent, and everyone else that made this day possible.

6 comments:

Ryan Schmitz said...

I bet there are still quite a few places in the States that would be happy to sign you up to vote (Detroit is probably one of them). Congrats!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Detroit probably would. They did after all give the key to the city to Saddam Hussein. Thanks

. said...

Congratulations!

Just one question....

Would the Bodyshoppers who know you agree with your answer to the torture question? :)

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Marcia,

Yeah well guess we did pink belly Josh that one time, but that's just cause he stole the all out paddles on the canoe trip... he he

Anonymous said...

good for you and your wife

Jason Fry said...

congrats on crossing over!:-)